Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thank Heavens for Web Conferencing

Over the last two weeks we've had snow and ice disrupting travel and trapping people in their homes. Many us genuinely couldn't make it into work and for others it was a great excuse to take a day off and go sledging with the family - and who would blame them - but after one or two days the novelty wore off, work beckoned and it all became very frustrating.

Thank heavans for web conferencing. I've used my WebOffice's built-in WebEx WebMeeting service more in the last two weeks than I had in the previous 3 months! I've had online video calls, meetings where I shared my PC applications and been co-editing documents just as if we were in the office together. For some, it was the first time and letting them take control of my PC blew them away.

I think I'll be seeing more VHQ Solutions clients using online meetings from now on. Funny, they weren't that interested before, but it only takes one small event to set off a chain reaction ... if you can call the recent weather "a small event" that is.

Denis

No comments: